Since 1995, Abacus has achieved a rapid yet controlled expansion in providing the Cost Control, Financial and Commercial Management of Cruise Ship Newbuildings and Refits, and has established itself as the market leader in this specialised field.
Working closely with Technical Superintendents, Furnishing Managers and senior Ships Officers, Abacus has experience and knowledge of all Statutory Regulations, Class and Agency requirements.
In conjunction with owners, Abacus has developed a purpose-designed database for the recording and monitoring of all costs and instant comparison with approved budgets.
A selection of projects where Abacus have been responsible for the Cost Control, Financial and Commercial Management, is given below. All were completed within pre-set budgets.
- Royal Viking Sun, New Orleans 1995
- Cunard Countess, Mobile 1995
- Sea Goddess II, Malta 1995
- Sagafjord, Sambewang 1996
- Queen Elizabeth II, Southampton 1996
- Norwegian Dynasty, Esquimalt 1997
- Saga Rose, Southampton 1997
- Royal Viking Sun, Malta 1998
- Seabourn Spirit, Sambewang 1999
- Seabourn Sun Bremerhaven 1999
- Queen Elizabeth II, Bremerhaven 1999
- Caronia, Bremerhaven 1999
- Seabourn Pride, Germany 2000